Retention & Referral: 3 Methods to Create a Customer Connection
Course content (32 lessons)
01 |How to Build An Engaged Following on Instagram
02 |How to Create Content that Converts Followers to Customers
03 |⌛ Halfway There... ⌛
04 |How to Create an Instagram Sales Funnel
05 |How to Make more Sales with Influencer Marketing
Now it’s time to learn how to turn your customers into brand advocates by focusing on retention and referral!
Here’s an overview of the key aspects of retention and referral:
- A simple idea goes a long way and it goes beyond Instagram. In your product packaging, include a thank you card. Handwritten, if possible, makes a deeper connection with your customer to let them know you sincerely appreciate their business.
- Create a memorable unboxing experience. This is a prime opportunity for your customer to share their experience with their followers. You can also include links to your Instagram on your product packaging.
- Experiment with incentives. A great place to start is to share a coupon for 15% off your next purchase with customers.
- Shopify Blog | Retention Marketing: Grow Your Business by Selling More to Current Customers (scroll towards the bottom of the blog for the five strategies)
- Shopify Blog | How Referral Programs Can Encourage Customers to Do Your Marketing for You
Build an online store for your business with your new skills.
Shopify has everything you need to start selling, all in one place.
Start Shopify free trial
Try Shopify free for 14 days, no credit card required.