This is our logo, the one that should always be used. There are two versions to ensure optimum legibility.
It’s our logo stripped of its wordmark. Use it only when and where space is limited.
The main logo always comes first
However, in certain situations where space is very tight, for instance when the logo has to be within a square or circle shape, the use of the glyph is allowed.
We love our main logo, so that should always be used if possible. These can be used as a substitute, only when absolutely necessary.
When can I use the monotone logos?
- When color is not an option or is too expensive to print
- Embroidered labels on apparel (branded merch)
- On top of busy photography when the full-color logo simply doesn’t work
- When you have a bunch of logos bundled up together and want a clean monotone look
Our logo works best when it has enough room to breathe. Follow these simple rules to make sure it’s shown in its best light.
Preserving legibility in both print and digital formats is crucial.
Here’s a few examples of what we should absolutely avoid when using the logo.
Trademark Usage Guidelines
These guidelines explain how you must use and visually present our brand assets at all times. Your use of our brand assets indicates your acceptance of these guidelines, and you understand that your use of our brand assets in violation of these guidelines will result in automatic termination of your license and/or permission to use our brand assets.
- Use of our brand assets must be expressly authorized in writing.
- Your use must not mislead consumers as to our sponsorship of, affiliation with or endorsement of your company or your products or services.
- Our brand assets are our exclusive property. All goodwill that results from your use of our brand assets will be solely to our benefit. You will not take any action that is at odds with our rights or ownership of our brand assets. Where used on a web page, our brand assets, as well as the mention of our name, should include embedded hyperlinks to our homepage: www.shopify.com.
- Our brand assets must be used in a respectful manner. Our brand assets may not be used in a way that harms us, our products or services, or in a manner which, in our opinion, lessens or otherwise damages our reputation or the goodwill in our brand assets. In other words, please do not associate our brand assets with any illicit or illegal activities or use them in a way that is deceptive or harmful.